Friday, March 30, 2012

READING LOGS 4: Aries Rising

Aries Rising 

by Bonnie Hearn Hill



-Part 1-


1.) Reflect - I like the idea of having an Astrology Book that helps you achieve your goals. Logan was just so determined on doing what she wanted to happen, of course with the help of her new bestfriend: Fearless Astrology. Fortunately, she succeeded. She impressed Mr. Frankenstein and got a slot in the summer writing camp in Monterey, she got a date with Nathan, and she kept her "Star-Crossed" Column in their school paper. What I had predicted at the middle pages was of course the identity of the "Gears of War". I had predicted that Nathan and his friends are the members of the Gears, though I still did not have enough evidences but I suspected them before I went through the last pages. I was even shocked that Geneva is also one of the Gears. The one who's aggressiveness is too obvious was the one I had suspected the least. I was just sad that Nathan still chose Geneva over Logan. :(




2.) Connect - Sun signs. Birth stones. Character Traits. I had once consulted Astrology and it was quite a fun thing to do.  By studying my birth chart, I had found my strengths and weaknesses, the type of people I am drawn to, why I react to situations in the way that I do, the vocations to which I am best suited, how I should behave with people of opposite signs, what my planet describes me, and many more. But of course, if there is something that I had learned from the experience, it is living with love in my heart and not letting bad things to overpower my life.What I learned from this book is that if you believe in yourself, you will be able to achieve more and your confidence level will go up the more you achieve. 

3.) Question - I wonder why did Nathan said that he saw Logan in a blue jumpsuit if he wasn't a Gear anymore? The only moment Logan wore the blue jumpsuit was when she was in Paige's house while a group of naked guys (the Gears) streaked out of the backyard and saw them in the bath tub.  Since Nathan got out of being one of the Gears as soon as he and Logan started seeing each other, how come he saw her wearing that jumpsuit? ESP? haha! And why did Nathan preferred to choose Geneva over Logan if he did not like what the Gears had done, if they really did it? 


4.) Predict - I think Nathan just loved Logan that he did not want to continue seeing her to protect her from the harm of Geneva and the rest of the Gears. Logan would be so happy in the summer writing camp, even though Nathan is not with her. And I bet, Fearless Astrology would be more active in Monterey, where she found another guy whom she is interested in, and where she will face the challenges that will improve her writing skills and impress Mr. Franklin even more.


==================================================================


-Part 2-

17.) You have become a character in your novel. Write how you felt when things were happening that you had no control over. Describe this in detail. 3/4 of a page to one page typed. [like a diary entry please] long.


- JOURNAL ENTRY #27 -

Nathan was so upset about the Gears that he didn't kiss me good night. We hurried to the Honda and he was just so mad about what happened. He's too affected. I tried to make him feel okay. I asked him if he still wants to have a coffee with me but he refused to join me. When we stopped at the red light, I finally got the courage to ask him what was wrong. And he said that the Gears are making him sick, that the Gears are taking beyond their limits, that the Gears are TOO CRUEL! Well, his voice scared me. He was angrier than I'd ever seen him. Gosh, why did his anger seemed so personal that I couldn't help wondering. No, that was crazy. I wonder how did that attack made him so mad that anyone would think he knows who the Gears are. The Gears were bringing out the paranoia in all of us! My dad must have sensed that this would be one safe evening. He wasn't out in the driveway dragging around trash cans. Even with all of our newfound privacy in the darkness outside my house, Nathan said only a hasty good-bye.


How could I have missed this latest attack? How could I let it happen right after I shot my mouth off? I dread going back to school. I'm going to look like the fake Kat said I was. How can she say that I'm a fake Astro Girl in front of all the students working inside the drama room, in front of Nathan! I really felt myself flush after noticing everyone's staring at us and that other conversations around the room stopped as if someone had snapped off a radio. She said I was so desperate that I convince people their signs are compatible so that I can get guys for my friends, and for myself. Nathan looked worried but I didn't let him get involved. I drowned Kat down with my words but she just blurted out like a psycho and tossed the dripping paintbrush at me. I felt sorry for Charles who was behind me and had the blue paint splattered all over his shoes after I stepped out of the way just in time. Poor Charles. 

I would not let this to happen again. It was sad that I have not prepared the Gears' attack this night. But I know their next attack would be really soon. And I should be accurate this time. Oh, Fearless Astrology, help me! I need to identify the Gears ASAP! They're getting worse. 

No comments:

Post a Comment